Join our team
Join us on our path to improve both Precision Agriculture and the peoples’ lives we touch along the way.
We are always looking for great people, so feel free to apply even if an opening is not listed.
Unsure? Check out our team and culture here to see what we are really about!
Transport robots between fields and deploy them (for fully-autonomous bots) or run them (for semi-autonomous bots)
Solve in-field issues and pull-in engineering support if needed
Frequent overnight travel (50%+) throughout Midwest
Typically work 3 days per week, ~15 hrs/day (7 AM-10 PM)
- Recurring seasonal position: August to December & March to May
- Offseason not paid
Cover as many fields as possible
Maintain robot and equipment health
Skills: Critical thinking & problem solving, 10,000 lb. trailer driving, Light equipment maintenance, Basic computer skills
Mindset: Responsible, humble & ready to learn, results hungry, and passionate about robotics and/or agriculture
Compensation / Benefits
Hourly pay based on experience
Life Flexibility: Recurring Seasonal Position (Sept - Dec & Mar - May)
Desired Start Date:
Mission: Manage the deployment & scaling of our robotic soil sampling as a service solution as we become the largest worldwide soil sampling company, scaling from the central Midwest across the USA and internationally, growing from 300K acres to 5M acres in next several years.
- Manage ops team (field, backoffice, maintenance, t1 support) to deliver service at scale
- Manage all tangible assets: fleet, inventory, property
- Execute service according to sold expectations, while maximizing profit & safety
- Hire, train, evaluate, coach, fire in order to succeed (team size growing from 30 to 200+)
- Cement value-driven customer relationships - resulting in zero net churn
- Track & quantify problems for engineering to focus on
General Information About Business Model:
- Ops Season: 40% fall harvest season, 40% spring planting season, 20% winter season
- Service: Robotic Soil Sampling Services sold per acre to optimize fertilizer application
- Remote mgmt: Rigs are built to be deployed in the field-for days on end
- Variables: different deadlines, weather, maintenance in the field, travel logistics
- Great communicator, problem definer and solver, core values fit
- Breakdown problems with numbers, design & execute tests, analyze and interpret data
- Computer literacy (ppt, excel, docs, proj mgmt tools, reporting)
- Driven to achieve massive results and comfortable with calculated risk
- Clear Plan Creation: Budgets, People, Roles, Deadlines, Handoffs
- Excellent leadership: clear desired results, accountability & growth-coaching
- Numbers-Based Management: define goals, measure real progress, hit targets
- Process Oriented: crank operations machine faster and more efficiently
- Successfully leading field operations team (5+ yrs)
- Building & executing operational plans on target (costs & KPIs) (5+ yrs)
- Managing operations process, training & improvement
- Hyper-Growth Experience, Geographic Scaling
Start Date & Location
- Start in Nov 2020 - Early 2021; Willing to work in Wolcott, IN / Lafayette, IN area
Compensation / Benefits
- Full-Time Salary (based on market, experience & skills).
- PTO - Flexible Vacation Plan (Self-managed as long as you get your work done)
- Work with exciting Ag-technology for a purpose.
- Work with an amazing, quickly growing team.
- Challenge yourself to grow in many different areas.
Work with exciting Ag-technology for a purpose.
Work with an amazing, quickly growing team.
Challenge yourself to grow in many different areas